This month marks the birthday of this blog, The Cooking Doctor. What a happy coincidence then that this month will be my first time hosting an event for the blogosphere. I am happy to announce to all of you dear readers, and invite you to participate in our monthly Kerala Kitchen cooking event!
I must thank the lovely Rose of Magpies recipes for giving me this wonderful opportunity to be the host for this popular monthly event. As lots of you might already knew, the Kerala Kitchen was the brainchild of Ria and Rose, who did a great job of promoting gorgeous dishes of God's own country, Kerala via this monthly event where anyone, and everyone can join! You can jazz up any dish as memoir of Kerala if you live far away from home, and show off you talent of home cooking if you live in Kerala so all of us can learn a thing or two from you.
Few housekeeping notes:
- Anyone can join in and any dish with Kerala influence can be sent as entries for the event
- In fact, if you are a non-Keralite who loves Kerala style south Indian dishes, this is the chance for you to sharpen up your home cooking skill anf try out our cuisine! Your entries are all welcome
- Please post your entries in your blog between 1st May to 31st May 2012 and link it to this announcement page and also The Kerala Kitchen page.
- No archived entries allowed, but you can re-post older blog posts as entries to this event.
- I would appreciate if you could also drop me a line at thecookingdoctor at gmail dot com, so I could keep track of all entries
- Please also send in your best dish picture together with the recipe, preferably in a portrait format as all the entries will be compiled into an e-book! And even a physical book, I shall try:-). If you agree for your recipe to be included in the book, please specify that in the email (when you send in your entries to me), as I can only include recipe and pictures with your permission. I will give you the due credit by linking the original blog post to the recipe with your name and blog name.
Please email me the following:
Photograph of dish as attachment or else I will take it from their post.
Permission to include your recipe & picture (with full credit given to you) in the e-book: Yes/ No
- I would appreciate if you could add the Kerala Kitchen logo to your blog post entry
BEST OF ALL..
Let me take the liberty of being the host and make it a wee bit special with a surprise gift for the Best Dish winner. The surprise gift would be delivered worldwide, so let's make this event happening and start cooking!
We shall also select winners for Best Picture Award and Top Contributor.
I look forward to receiving all your entries, ladies:-)