My first YouTube video! Roasted Beet and Orange Salad

I have been meaning to capture my cooking and baking into videos, as I am really not a big fan of step-by-step photos whilst cooking. Somebody else being the photographer is a different ball game altogether:-) . For a change, we did a short movie of our house favourite roasted beet and orange salad, with my own version of salad dressing. Couscous was the star of the show, being such a good assistant..to think she is only 2!
I will post the full recipe as per usual later, but I hope I have captured all that there is in a salad into the video here. I love salad dressings, but was never ever keen on the shop bought version. This is the dressing that has been with me for many years, created with whatever stock there was back then but proven to be delicious time and time again- a bit spicy with chilli flakes, a bit tangy with dijon Mustard,. It is best for any robust flavour of salads such as beets. Try it out, or feel free to adapt it to your own taste.
Most of all, let me know what you think!

8 Responses to My first YouTube video! Roasted Beet and Orange Salad

1. ♥LOVE2COOK MALAYSIA♥ December 2, 2012 at 9:45 am #

Hello Dr Jehanne…what a pleasure to be here!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for stopping over my blog and leaving your lovely comment! You got me hooked here now!!! I love your video…good one for first attempt.

The salad makes my mouth watery! We’ll keep in touch ;)

2. chefindisguise.com December 2, 2012 at 6:35 pm #

Hello Jehanne
    Congrtulations on your first video! great job!
    I loved the recipe, the music and your plates :)
    One remark on the ingredients at the begining, the subtitles were a little fast and the color blended into the background at times.
    Other than that I think you did a wonderful job on your first video and I can’t wait to see more of your creations :)

3. Amina December 3, 2012 at 1:32 am #

Congratulations to you on your first video… It is simple and beautiful… wonderful recipe of salad… looking forward to more video recipes from you… :)

4. Spicie Foodie December 3, 2012 at 7:56 pm #

Step by step photos are so time consuming. Your video is great and the recipe has my mouthwatering. Thanks for sharing!

5. Julie December 3, 2012 at 11:30 pm #

Congrats on your first you tube video dear,looks very neat & well explained dear..Great salad with flavors!!
    Join EP event-Garlic OR Turmeric @ Spice n Flavors

6. Rosa's Yummy Yums December 7, 2012 at 3:36 pm #

A lovely video! I really enjoyed it.

This salad looks amazing! What a fabulous combination of flavors.

Cheers,

Rosa

7. revathi December 9, 2012 at 9:41 am #

Congrats dear for this next big step ..:)) Loved the salad and the yummy flavours..
    Great going Doctor [same pinch]..
    Reva

8. suhaina aji December 17, 2012 at 12:49 am #

Hi Jehanne.. Farhan watched the video twice. Its really crustal clear and ur hubs have done a decent job in editing it. Love this salad and the beautiful clicks.