DMBLGIT December 2012 Winners and New Year News on TheCookingDoctor

Sorry folks..slightly delayed in posting up the winners for December’s DMBLGIT. Just to recap, we had 53 entries, which were judged based on aesthetics, originality and edibility. We have a total of 3 overall winners, as well as a winner of each category mentioned. So without further ado, here are the winners!

OVERALL WINNERS:

First place: Amanda Michetti of Chew Town Blog

One of the judges, Katie Quinn Davies commented on this pic:

Out of all the photos this is the one which stands out for me for various reasons. I find it the most striking and pleasing to the eye, lighting is nicest and is quite commercial. it’s slick and nicely styled.

Adding a few pecan would help the viewer understand what the actual recipe is more-so, but this one was the most visually pleasing to me.

Second Place: Monika of Bake Noir

Third Place: Karen Low of Citrus and Candy

Now for the winners of each category, here goes:

Aesthetics: Tika Hapsari of Cemplang Cemplung

Originality: Raquel Carmona of Lostragaldabas

Edibility: Vanessa Hernandez of Chokolat and Pimienta

Since there is a provision for Host’sAward, I took this opportunity as the hostess for December DMBGIT to pick my favourite, of all the beautifiul entries.

Host’s Award: Martina of Trattoria da Martina

I just love the combination of rustic background and candies/jelly cut with such square precision..and very romantic pink hue with sugar dusting.

Congrats to all winners, hope this is a good New Year start for your food photography. I shall be sending your DMLGIT badge soon, which you can display proudly on your blog. For all the participants, thank you for the eye candies, the photos are all outstanding, and don’t matter if they don’t win this time, you can always send your entries for this month’s DMLGIT, hosted by Tika Hapsari Nilmada of Cemplang Cemplung.
Most importantly thank you to the Judges, Deeba, Katie and Charlotte who spent good amount of time to be part of this competition, despite their hectic schedule and the chaos of festive seasons, thank you ladies!
Now, on a different note, I am delighted to share with all of you that The Cooking Doctor now has monthly column in BBC Good Food Asia! Starting from this year, my healthy eating column is featured in this magazine, whereby I share some tips on healthy eating, good food to be included in the diet, and of course recipes.
The best part, I did all the photo shoots and food styling myself, which I consider as my big personal achievement, considering how terrible my photos were during early days of blogging! Well they are still not perfect but getting better they are..
The January theme is Carrots…
Carrot buckwheat pancakes..
Grilled Black Pepper Salmon with Carrot Couscous Salad…
Carrot and Pistachio Mini Bundt teacakes..
Carrot Ginger Breakfast Smoothie
Please grab your copy of BBC Good Food Asia, which is in market now, for the article as well as recipes.
I take this opportunity to thank all my loyal readers, friends and family for this milestone..I ‘m very pleased that at last I am able to consolidate my love for cooking and all thing baking with my medical profession, hopefully the snippets of medical advice and guide to healthy eating is incorporated into our daily lives with of course the occassional decadent indulgence:-)
Happy New Year!

15 Responses to DMBLGIT December 2012 Winners and New Year News on TheCookingDoctor

1. Vimitha Anand January 1, 2013 at 5:59 pm #

Ohhhh Congrats Jehanne.. You just rock. Hope the new year holds more things good for you…
    …and congrats to all the winners.

• Jehanne January 2, 2013 at 2:22 am #

You have been my loyal reader since the beginning of the blog, and thanks to readers like you who keep coming back thet I am inspired to do more, really appreciate that Vimitha:-) Hope the New Year brings tons of happiness to you, family and esp the lil one!

2. Vanessa Hernandez January 1, 2013 at 7:44 pm #

So many beautiful photos, congratulations to all the winners!, thanks for choosing my photo as a winner also <3 it is the second time I’ve won and I’m very happy! but you have changed my lastname to Fernandez, my lastname is Hernandez hahaha ;)

• Jehanne January 2, 2013 at 2:21 am #

oops sorry vanessa, in my hurry i mst have misspelled it but its corrected now;-)

3. Inside a British Mum's Kitchen January 1, 2013 at 10:25 pm #

Oh I SO enjoyed all those wonderful photos – what a super line up! Happy New Year!
    Mary x

• Jehanne January 2, 2013 at 2:21 am #

Happy new Year to you too mary!

4. Amina January 2, 2013 at 2:30 am #

Wow… fantastic news.. Congratulations :) Will surely look for a copy in the News stands… your photography is simply superb…

5. Deeba PAB January 2, 2013 at 3:27 am #

Congrats lady! Well done indeed. So proud that you have a column in the mag, and also you did the styling and photographs. They are fab. Loved judging the DMBLGIT. Such a treat to see such wonderful photography on food blogs. Thank you sweet Jehanne, and a wonderful 2013 to you. xo {will email you re the collages}

• Jehanne January 2, 2013 at 12:01 pm #

Thank you Deeba:-) Would love to learn how you do beautiful collages:-)

6. Shabs.. January 2, 2013 at 8:37 am #

Congrtas Jehanne on ur achievement….Wishing you a very happy new year.:)

• Jehanne January 2, 2013 at 12:04 pm #

U know what, I only learned my photography from you, remember those early days? Thank you Shabs:-)Happy New Year to u too.

7. tika hapsari nilmada January 2, 2013 at 1:30 pm #

Woohoo….what a great news to start the new year. Thank you, Jehanne for hosting the event and many thanks to all judges as well. Congrats to all winners.
    Your photos for BBC Good Food Asia are awesome. Love the stack of pancakes. Look so fluffy and thick. :) Happy New Year !

8. Trattoria da Martina January 3, 2013 at 1:46 pm #

I did write a comment but something must have gone wrong….Anyway, I had written that I was very very glad you have choosen to mention my photography and that you love it! I’m so happy!!! Thank you very much for hosting this month competition and for mentioning me…

9. Reshmi Mahesh January 4, 2013 at 4:34 am #

Happy New Year…Congrats Jehanne..:)& lovely set of pics..congrats to all winners..

10. Amanda January 6, 2013 at 6:50 am #

Wow, I am delighted to have featured this month and even more delighted to read Katie’s feedback! Thank you for hosting the December competition and congratulations on your wonderful news. I hope you have a great start to 2013 Jehanne!