For recipes, feel free to browse through the Honest Cooking website. This magazine is for food lovers at the core, and let me quote verbatim the HC motto:
We want to feature crazy rock star wine grower, avant garde chefs, dim sm marathon, a french culinary revolution, monkey ass coffee, truffle hunting, former gang members...and you know what, that is exactly what you will find in this first issue of Honest Cooking magazine..
For Honest Cooking magazine iPad download, please head over here.
Even though I am a traditionalist at heart, preferring the smell of old rustic book pages which can be flipped through whilst sipping tea on a windy afternoon day (where are you, TIME?), I must admit that ebooks and e-magazines have somehow grown on me. Conveniently a click away, a lot of my favourite magazines and books on stores are thankfully available for online reads. Boomarking recipes and articles for re-reads later have become such a breeze. Talking about e-books, I found out from Priya of Bon Appetit that she has selected me as one of her giveaway winners for Zinio magazine subscription, what a pleasant coincidence! Thank you Priya, it really made my day! Her witty giveaway question was.. ‘ how are you planning to spread the cheer in 2013’? My answer was:
- The Great British Book of Baking – bought and downloaded by the lovely Husband on my iPhone, this is my current favourite as it features recipes from The Great British Bake Off. The recipes are classic, and the best read is the history of baking, and traditions which accompany the recipes.
- Cake Pops by Bakerella- another download gift from Husband. I love Angie’s website and her adorable cake pops creations, so knowing that and well encouraged by our daughter’s bonding-baking time with me, this ebook ‘magically’ appears on my iBook lists..thanks Honey!
Favourite Chefs's Apps.. for free!
- Just Desserts- James Martin’s Food
- Jamie’s recipes- by Jamie Oliver, contains 200+ recipes to satisfy every taste
Favourite List..on Isuu
Mowie Kay Issue 1 & 2: Mowie Kay, the UK based photographer who blogs on Mowielicious, the gorgeous food and travel blog, shares his passion and creativities through his magazines, done all by himself!
- Ruche Dessert Cookbook
- Who’s Hungry Issues 1, 2, 3, 4, 5: Contains professional recipe contributions, packed in 66-page stunning book.
- About Food
Let’s not forget the Kerala Kitchen compilations, which yours truly compiled as an ebook round-up for May 2012 entries..great read with authentic recipes of Malabar and Kerala cuisine in general.
p/s: I would also like to thank you Prerna of Heaven on a Spoon for nominating The Cooking Doctor amongst her favourite list of 'My Bakers Dozen'. Thank you sweetie!